5 Time Saving Apps For Lawyers
Regardless of their chosen field of practice, lawyers are always on the go, and they have very little time left over to keep track of everything they have to do. Fortunately, we live in a day and age in which smart phones, tablets, and computers can do the heavy lifting for them, allowing them to save time and effort while becoming more organized and efficient. With the right apps and software, a busy lawyer can get access a wondrous world of information that will help make his or her job easier, less time consuming, and less stressful. Read on to find a list of our five favorite apps to help lawyers save some much needed time.
Our Top 5
- SpeakWrite – As one of the most effective note taking and dictation apps available, SpeakWrite can be used to transcribe whatever you say in an incredibly efficient manner, allowing you the ability to multitask and focus on other important activities as you redact emails, notes, and schedule appointments in an easy and hands free manner.
- iJuror – Jury selection can be a complicated affair, especially with the large amount of information a lawyer has to keep track of. To assist in this task, iJuror allows an attorney to take notes that help in the monitoring process of jury selection. It has a capacity for up to 96 jurors at a single time, lending a versatility and practicality few apps can provide. As if this weren´t enough, it incorporates a sharing feature that allows for colleagues to add their two cents, making for an efficient way to keep track of which jurors would be most favorable to the case at hand.
- The Deponent – Depositions are time consuming and can become tedious and tiring, but they can be made easier with the help of The Deponent, an app that includes 300 different questions that can be used by attorneys during any deposition. Additionally, lawyers can add their own questions, as well as PDF files and Word documents, which allows them to manage the details of a deposition with ease. To make matters better, it also integrates Dropbox and Box.net, which makes The Deponent one of the best apps for lawyers on the market today.
- LawBox – Nothing can help attorneys save time like having a reference service right at their fingertips, and that is exactly what LawBox is all about. As one of the most complete reference apps available, LawBox will grant you access to a large number of legal codes from various jurisdictions across the United States, together with everything you need to know about procedure in different areas, making it a must have for lawyers around the country.
- Fastcase – A favorite of lawyers all over, Fastcase is an app that allows the user to access one of the largest online law libraries around. This comes in especially handy when research or a quick reference are required during a negotiation or an argumentation. Fastcase is so versatile it includes a voice search function, as well as the use of keywords, making it an easy to use, time saving app all attorneys should have. The best part is that it can be used on both Android and iOS platforms, covering the complete spectrum of mobile devices.
It’s Only The Beginning
While these are not the only apps available that have the ability to help a lawyer save time and become more efficient, they are the ones that have proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that they can assist an attorney in the most effective way. Efficiency is an important element in a successful lawyer’s career, and with the use of these amazing tools you can become more efficient and save time that will better serve other, more important, endeavors.
Trackbacks & Pingbacks
[…] in the legal world technology is rapidly becoming a necessity. As attorneys find themselves being pulled in several directions at […]
Comments are closed.